Version 1.3 of Bird Journal has just been released. As you can see we've been quite busy. The custom properties feature in particular was requested a number of times, so we hope this update will satisfy a lot of users.
With this release we're pleased to be able to welcome birders in Australia to enjoy Bird Journal too, thanks to a taxonomy update.
We've also made the installer download size smaller, so it's now even easier to download the trial version.
- Added: New Taxonomy, Australia - Christidis, L. and W.E. Boles.
- Added: Custom Entry and Sighting Properties. Record whatever information you wish with CheckBox, DropDownList and TextBox types.
- Added: CSV Export of a range of entries.
- Added: Dedicated fields to store eBird required data. This makes exporting to eBird much easier.
- Improved: Export action selection is now made easier, via a drop down menu.
- Improved: Help actions are now clearer, via a drop down menu, and a link has been added to the Online Support page.
- Improved: Validation no longer prevents you from leaving a field, and additional information is available via tooltips.
- Improved: Partial time values can now be entered. Eg, 12 will enter 12:00.
- Improved: AOU range now correctly specified as "North & Central America".
- Improved: Manual now has more detail for a number of features.
- Fixed: Print preview would just show lots of blank pages, for some printers.
- Fixed: Crash when trying to print, and no printers are installed.
- Fixed: Crash when using the mousewheel over the species box, and the selection popup is not visible.
- Fixed: Edit Locations screen created visual artefacts when scrolling.
- Fixed: A select few minor issues.